The Sterlingham Co. Ltd. Are Proud Manufacturers of High Quality Brass Bathroom Accessories, Towel Warmers & Washstands.
All products are 100% Made in England to service the requirements of retailers, architects, and designers within the hotel, residential and marine markets for both the UK and International arenas.
Our philosophy is to design and manufacture hand-crafted products that combine the traditional with the innovative using the best materials and processes to deliver a product that is of remarkable, lasting quality.
The products that we sell are all designed by the company founder Mr Kelvin Pearce. Kelvin has been responsible for designing and bringing to market a number of products over the last 30 years, his knowledge of the industry is impeccable.
Whilst we manufacture and sell successfully our own range of products we are also happy to develop ranges and ideas with retailers, architects and designers. With the deep knowledge within The Sterlingham we truly believe we are a strong partner to have in the design and development stages.
Our facility includes a machine shop, polishing shop, fabrication bay, in-house electroplating facility and assembly bay. All of our products are manufactured on site using these processes. Any materials such as mirrors and ceramics are 95% sourced from within the United Kingdom.
“Our aim is to produce products that are 100% perfect, 100% of the time.”
Each component is inspected prior to plating so that we can ensure an excellent finish. We fully inspect all items before and after assembly and each product is despatched with a quality control check card that is signed by the assembler and quality control inspector.
Our trusted employees aspire to deliver the standards set out by the company and in doing so will always be proud to put their names to the products they have made and are delivering.
The Sterlingham Co. Ltd. Ethos is to produce excellence in the products they make. For us to achieve this we need to employ excellent people and as such are always open to receiving curriculum viteas from dynamic individuals. If you believe you may be of interest to us please forward your CV and covering letter to us here.
News & Events
The Sterlingham Promise
Your order will be attended to promptly, we will request any missing information and we will acknowledge your order within 24 working hours of having all the information whereupon we will commence work on your order. We will provide a drawing where required, supplied under the terms of the General Information section. We will endeavor to keep you informed of order progress, its readiness and availability for shipment or collection. We will apply ourselves diligently to making your requirements to the highest quality in terms of size, design and finish, delivering within the target timeframe. We will also attend promptly to any queries or complaints. We ask you to check your order acknowledgement carefully and also to let us know within five working days of arrival of the goods any damages or shortage (after which time we cannot entertain claims) and we will attend promptly to any errors.
Ultimately we promise to deliver you the best product, in the best time, at all times, through the best service.
- General Information
- All measurements are nominal with a finished products tolerance of +/- 3mm.
- Heights and widths shown in our brochures or on our website are overall sizes including mounting flanges/plates.
- Technical drawings are available on request for all our products standard or bespoke in a number of formats.
- For bespoke requests please allow 7 days for drawings. All drawings are the intellectual property of The Sterlingham Company Ltd and may not be used to solicit quotations from elsewhere.
- For general care and cleaning guidelines please click here.
- The finishes shown in our brochures or on our website are as accurate as reprographic limitations will allow. If you would like to receive a sample of a finish prior to ordering, please contact us.
- We reserve the right to make a charge where orders for bespoke towel warmers are cancelled or altered after work on them has commenced and to charge for preparation of drawings for such cancelled orders
- Sterlingham Towel Warmers must be installed by a qualified electrician/plumber as appropriate. Damage to the product caused by the installer is not covered by our guarantee.
- Electric Only Towel Warmers
- Electric Cable Element is rated IP67 – for detailed information on this please review IEC 529:1989, BS EN 65029:1992, or speak to you installer for more details.
- Our Electric towel warmers are CE Marked and complies with the European Safety Standards EN60335-1, EN60335-2-43 and EN60079-30-2. These cover the essential requirements of EEC Directives 2006/95/EC and 2004/108/EEC.
- Our towel warmers are available as 230v, 110v, 12v & 24v. Please contact us if you have an alternative requirement.
- The supply cable for our electric only towel warmers comes from the rear centre of a wall or floor fixing flange. Which flange and the length of cable is specified by you. In the absence of your instructions otherwise, the default is top left and 1 metre of cable.
- Our low-energy heating elements are double insulated to satisfy Class II requirements. Class I requirements are met with the addition of a primary and secondary earth.
- Numerous tests are conducted so that no low-energy towel warmer leaves our workshop in less than perfect condition. The heating elements are tested underwater to ensure waterproofing. Not that they are ever likely to come into contact with water being housed in the dry environment of the towel warmer. This means that they can be installed close to sources of water jets or sprays.
- Hydronic & Dual Fuel Towel Warmers
- All dual fuel and hydronic models are pressure tested before polishing, after polishing and after plating to 145 p.s.i (10 bar) to ensure there are no leaks.
- Dual fuel and hydronic towel warmers require additional items to be purchased. We recommend high quality valves such as those from Barber Wilsons & Co Ltd. These can be sourced direct or through an alternative supplier or we can order them for you.
- In the case of dual fuel models the electric probe element is also a chargeable extra.
- As we do not manufacture the dual fuel elements nor the valves required for water/dual fuel warmers we cannot offer quality guarantees on those items other than as stated within the warranty section.
- Checks should be made with your local water authority to ensure that the water quality will not cause dezincification of the brass material.
- Such towel warmers should not be fitted to a system which uses a water softener. The installer must ensure that the product selected is suitable for the conditions and the water quality.
- A manual bleed air vent is fitted to all hydronic and dual fuel models.
Low Energy Towel Warmers are covered by the following 10 year guarantee:
Given satisfactory evidence of the date of purchase, we will, during the first ten years, replace or rectify any mechanical fault to the product as a whole without charge. After this time any fault developing in the electric towel warmers heating element will be rectified by replacing it at our works at the nominal cost to the customer of labour and materials. In this instance no attempt must have been made to dismantle the product because of the potential damage to the element rendering it un-testable. In both instances it is the responsibility of the customer to arrange and cover the costs of safe packaging and transportation to and from the workshop.
Hydronic and Dual Fuel Towel Warmers are guaranteed for five years from the date of supply. As we do not ourselves make the electric heaters for Dual Fuel models, in line with the element manufacturer’s warranty we will provide a replacement cartridge heater free of charge if the heater fails within one year of the date of supply.
Bath Fittings (including Washstands): Our workmanship and quality inspection enables us to offer a lifetime guarantee in the hands of the purchaser.
All Products: We will not entertain liability claims for damages to surface finishes resulting from the use of proprietary cleaning materials, normal wear and tear, and any damage caused as a result of misuse, negligence or faulty installation or where a product has been used for purposes other than its intended and normal use.
The Environment – Our Commitment
“Buy well, buy once”
We are confident that the products we manufacture will serve you for many years to come minimizing your outlay, and running costs too in the case of our Low-Energy towel warmers. The power consumed is in the majority of instances less than 100 watts, the heating element being made bespoke for the particular towel warmer ensuring power is not wasted.
We are always conscious of how our company and products might affect the environment and so we have invested in processes that reduce our own transport use and therefore carbon emissions, we re-use materials where possible, minimize waste and utilize recyclable packaging.